Zumbathon to Benefit Adela Cufre-Alvarez, MN Zumba Instructor Who Lost Leg to Amputation, Saturday, May 31, 2014 at The Rink in Monticello, MN
Here’s a link to the Facebook event page for the Zumbathon Charity Event to benefit Adela Cufre-Alvarez, a Minnesota Zumba instructor who lost a leg to infection after going into cardiac arrest while instructing a Zumba class. Please share and consider going if you are in the Twin Cities metro area.
If you can’t attend, please consider donating towards Adela’s medical expenses for a athletic prosthetic leg and rehabilitation that will allow her to return to teaching Zumba classes. Thank you for sharing the Zumba love!
Filed under Physical Therapy, Zumba, exercise, group fitness | Tags: 2014, Adela, alvarez, amputate, amputation, amputee, athletic, cardiac arrest, charity, cufre, cufre-alvarez, donate, donating, donation, event, Facebook, infection, instructor, leg, may, metro, Minnesota, mn, Monticello, prosthetic, The Rink, Twin Cities, Zumba, zumbathon | Comment (0)
Together We Dance to Cure ALS! Join us for a Zumbathon charity event benefiting MDA’s Augie’s Quest to Cure ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Here are the details:
- Who? You, me, and other Zumba lovers who want to contribute to a cure for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- What? Together We Dance to Cure ALS Zumbathon Charity Event 2013 in Duluth, Minnesota
- When? Sunday, October 27, 2013 from 2:30-5:30
- Where? Clyde Iron Works, hosted by Zstudio, 2920 W Michigan St, Duluth, MN 55806
- Why? ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) is a progressive motor neuron disease that causes loss of voluntary muscle control, function, and movement.
- How much? $15 in advance or for Zstudio members, $20 at the door, $10 for ZIN members
Hope to see you there!Filed under Zumba | Tags: als, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, augie's quest, charity, clyde iron works, Duluth, event, lou gehrig's disease, Minnesota, mn, motor, muscle, neuron, Z studio, ZIN, Zstudio, Zumba, zumbathon | Comment (0)